Sunday, March 8, 2009

Above and beyond


My gratitude to each and every Rotary Club can truly not be expressed. From Bangkok to Nakhon Si Thammarat, every Club, every member, every President has welcomed us with open arms. The hospitality has been more than anything I have experienced in my life thus far. Sorry, mom, but I can now say I have met people up to par with you. Ha.
I admire the way Thai family and friends share meals. We have had more than our share of delicious fare here. But there is something to be appreciated about the way they all sit down together. There are no big stacked individual plates. The food is laid out on the table and during conversation; various dishes are passed and shared. It gives you that sense that we are all here together and in the moment. There isn’t one person snacking while on their laptop or another eating dinner in front of the television. I like the camaraderie aspect of it. We all could use a little more of that in our lives.

No comments: