Friday, February 27, 2009

Last day in Krabi - Welcome to Trang




Our last day in Krabi was full of energy. Our first stop was the Laem Pho Mollusk Fossil site. The fossils in this site are believed to be about 75 million years old. Our second stop was the Outdoors Aquarium where we got to see a little bit of everything: small fish, BIG fish, colorful and even ugly fish. After that we visited Wat Tham Seua (aka Tiger Cave temple). Even though this visit presented a challenge, Maggie and Brett made us proud by climbing 1237 steps to the top of the mountain. I only climbed half of the mountain, but Maggie and Brett took amazing pictures for all of us!
After an amazing day we had to say goodbye to our friends in Krabi and move to the province of Trang. We were received with open arms. Our hosts families were very excited and happy to see us. I enjoyed a great dinner with my host family, Manit and Lynn Wongsureerat. They made thai rice noodles and shrimp soup for me. Delicious!

An amazing day awaits tomorrow! It will include a sea trip, snorkelling and visiting an underwater wedding festival.

5 comments:

J. Thorstenson said...

It all sounds so wonderful! The pictures are gorgeous - so much color! I hope my Mother didn't try those steps! Thanks for continuing to post - love to Mom! JoAnn

Andrea Lopez said...

Wow too bad you dint make it to the top, Mom and Dad send lots of Kisses...

Alma Kruh said...

It's so great to follow you on your adventure. Keep up the good work (and postings).

Kim said...

Hi there:
My name is Kim Pierce. I was a GSE from Canada to Thailand in 2007. I am now a Rotarian on the selection committee going to Japan. One of our applicants found your blog. It is so exciting to hear about your experiences. We found the Thai people to be extraordinary. I would love to go back. I hope you all enjoy your adventure as much as I did. It truly is life-changing. Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-) Kim.
P.S. Have you had the fish bellies yet? They taste like one of the many mushrooms. the bird swallow soup is very sweet !!!!!!!!

kp said...

Good job, Maggie and Brett! 1237 steps? Yikes!!